Update: April 24, 2020 - RE-OPENING April 27, 2020
Dear Lenza Patients,
Lenza Eye Center is closely monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation. Our team is taking extra precautions to ensure the safety and well-being of our patients and employees. After a temporary closure, Lenza Eye Center will be reopening on Monday, April 27th. We will operate on our normal business hours and schedule.
We have developed extensive precautions and procedures to ensure the safety of our patients and staff. Please be aware that our office is offering services by appointment only, including shopping for and purchasing glasses. Just like a normal exam, we are happy to book you an appointment to complete your purchases. Lenza has developed and purchased new technologies and equipment to conduct examinations as safely as possible. We will now also offer telehealth remote appointments by patient request.
In addition to this, all order pickups and repairs will be completed at curbside. Please park in front of our office and call us with your reason for arriving and a staff member will come to your window to assist. Once completed, a staff member will disinfect your frames as well as any tools or materials used to make the repair.
How Lenza Eye Center Has Become COVID-19 Ready:
- All patients will be screened by a staff member before entering the office. Your temperature will be taken, and you will be asked a series of questions regarding recent travel, your exposure to, and your risk of carrying COVID-19.
- Staff members will be wearing the appropriate PPE including gowns, gloves, masks, and eyewear whenever necessary.
- All staff and patients will observe social distancing and maintain 6 feet apart from one another whenever possible.
- The number of patients and staff members within the office will always be limited.
- To reduce exposure, all reading materials and advertising has been removed from the office where appropriate.
- Printed materials will no longer be offered to patients, aside from policies that require signatures. Instead, receipts, handouts, and prescriptions will be emailed to the patient.
- All equipment and surfaces will be disinfected often throughout the day. Which include disinfecting disinfection diagnostic machines before and after each use.
- Unless necessary, all physical contact with patients will be avoided or postponed.
- Lenza has developed new contact lens training procedures and resources to further distance staff and patients.
We at Lenza will do everything within our power to keep our patients, staff, and providers safe. However, we need your help! Please limit the number of guests you bring to your appointment unless necessary. Utilize video calls or pictures to shop for glasses in office. Practice the healthy habits below and stay safe during these uncertain times. We hope to see you soon!
Help Protect Yourself from COVID-19:
- Wash or disinfect your hands and any frequently used surfaces often.
- Avoid close contact with sick people and if you are sick, please stay at home.
- Cover your cough or sneeze and avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth.
- Avoid large crowded areas and any non-essential travel.
We appreciate your patience and your support during these challenging times.