Best LASIK Technology in Portland Oregon
Lenza Eye Center uses an Ultra Fast, Precise LASIK technology. Our LASIK surgeon uses WaveLight® FS200 Femtosecond Laser. The laser creates the LASIK flap, which is the first step in the LASIK procedure, in as little as 6 seconds. The laser is very precise, has enhanced comfort features and numerous safety mechanisms.
The second part of the LASIK procedure involves lifting the flap and changing the surface of the cornea using an Excimer LASER. Our LASIK surgeon utilizes the WaveLight® EX500 one of the fastest Excimer lasers on the market. Speed, precision and customization of the treatment is important because it increases accuracy, improves healing time and has a higher safety margin.
What to expect during your initial screening
Our Optometrist will take careful initial measurements of your eye and provide a comprehensive eye exam. They will also perform a preliminary corneal map scan. After determining your vision goals and discussing treatment and recovery, you will be scheduled for a precise corneal map scan and a visit to the Laser Center. The LASIK Center is located 3 miles from our clinic.
What to look for in a LASIK surgeon in Portland, Oregon
You should look for a LASIK surgeon who has empathy, surgical competence, and experience. Lenza Utilizes two surgeons in Portland: Dr. Oday Alsheikh MD and Dr. Bruce Madsen MD. Dr. Alsheikh is the owner and medical director of Lenza Eye Center. He primarily operates in Texas but also offers one or two surgery days a month in Portland. Dr. Alsheikh has significant experience in LASIK, PRK, Cataract surgery, Premium Cataract surgery, Complex Cataract Surgery, various Corneal Transplantation Surgeries and Complex Glaucoma Surgery. He performs complex procedures as well as LASIK and PRK surgery in Texas. In Portland Oregon, he performs LASIK and PRK surgery.
Dr. Oday Alsheikh’s Surgical Experience
- Board Certified
- American Board of Ophthalmology.
- Medical Director/ TLC surgeon
- San Antonio Medical Director
- Currently performing approximately 80 refractive surgeries per month.
- Exclusively uses bladeless LASIK surgery.
- LASIK & PRK, ICL, INTACS, Full thickness corneal transplants (PKP), Partial thickness corneal transplants (DSEK &, DMEK), Cataract Surgery, Complex Cataract Surgery, Glaucoma surgery, Premium Lens Implants, Complex Anterior Segment Surgery.
- Lean Six Sigma Quality Improvement Black Belt.
- Medical Degree & Training
- Medical Degree: Texas Tech School of Medicine
- Ophthalmology Residency: Oregon Health Science University.
- Cornea Fellowship: University of California San Diego.
- Assistant Professor at University of Texas Medical Branch from 2008 until 2011.
- Anterior Segment Specialist at Braverman Terry Oei Eye Associates in San Antonio TX.
- LASIK surgeon at Lenza Eye Center & TLC LASIK center in Portland Oregon.
- Currently performing over 2000 refractive and medical surgeries per year and 500 medical lasers per year.
- American Academy of Ophthalmology.
- Cornea Society.
- American Cataract And Refractive Surgery Society.
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society.
- Super Doctor 2014, 2015 & 2016.
- Top 100 Health Professionals (2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013).